It’s been great to be part of the Indie Roller online Christmas markets this year and today is their Online Market Extravaganza with over 600 independent makers and creative businesses setting up their ‘virtual’ stalls to share their offerings with you. I’m excited to be taking part too…
It is so easy to leave your Christmas shopping until the last minute and default to Amazon for a panicked last minute buy but there are some fabulous handmade alternatives out there and your purchases really make a difference. Whilst I love a real life market, these online markets are the next best thing, and even better – you can shop from the comfort of your sofa! I have loved discovering unique gift ideas and supporting makers who are so passionate about what they do via these markets and urge you to do the same.
As a thank you for choosing to support handmade and shop small – I am giving away one of my A5 hand-stamped ‘Thrive’ prints (rrp £12) with a selection of my products below, only available today and tomorrow (22-23 November).
Read on for a round up of my booky and botanical offerings…
First a few short facts about Bookbinding with Cass and my work:
- I am passionate about the environment and the tools and materials sourced for my bookbinding kits reflect this – expect eco-packaging and tools/materials sourced from sustainable resources
- Every kit, print and journal is made and packed by my hands, meaning that if you have a special request I can accommodate this – just get in touch
- I love making my products a joy to open – if buying as a gift I can include a message on the box and wrap up extra nice, just get in touch once you have made an order and I will be happy to help
- I am all set up to post internationally, so have you covered if you would like to send things further afield, click links below for pricing
I love an ‘experience’ present and my bookbinding kits promise to do just that – there’s the treat of opening the kit, doing the workshop and then using the book that you have made – it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
My bookbinding kits make for great personal projects if you are wanting to learn a new skill and make your own sketchbooks and journals, or perhaps make a book to give as a gift? The kits themselves also make great presents, for that crafty someone in your life…
I have a range of bookbinding kits available, each option comes with a kit of tools/materials and accompanying video tutorials that can be worked through at your own pace as well as tea and sweet treats to fuel your creativity.
- Layered Cross Stitch Kit – everything you need to make two A6 journals with eyecatching stitching / from £45. *Comes with a free A5 ‘Thrive’ print.
- Mini Bookbinding Kit – make 4 mini books with this kit and experiment with a range of decorative stitching / from £45. *Comes with a free A5 ‘Thrive’ print.
- The Art of Journalling – this collaborative workshop with Julie Galante guides you through how to make a substantial, refillable journal and explores a range of journalling exercises to help you put it to use straight away. Includes a Zoom live session on 20 January / from £60
- Make, Create and Meditate – this collaborative online workshop with Cassandra Harrison and Sarah-Alexandra Teodorescu combines mark making, creating a gratitude journal and a restorative yoga practice to set intentions for the year ahead. A great present for yourself or treat for a loved one in need of some creative TLC / from £100 (plus eventbrite booking fee)
- Ecoprint & Bookbinding – this collaborative workshop weekend on 1 & 16 May with Textile Artist Elisabeth Viguie-Culshaw is perfect for any nature lover. Create leaf print textiles and papers that we’ll weave together to make 3 stunning books. / £150 (plus eventbrite booking fee)
Looking for a unique gift that will help bring the outdoors in? Or perhaps you have a plant loving friend that needs more leaves in their life? My botanical prints are created by hand using leaf stamps that I have made inspired by leaves in my garden. Each one also includes lettering and copper leaf detailing that makes them twinkle in the light.
As each one of these artworks are printed by hand, your print may vary slightly from the photos but will still have the same overall look, one-of-a-kind just like the leaves that inspired them!
GROW – A4 PRINT
A multilayered leaf print with lettering and copper leaf detail. Featuring leaves found in my garden, including – Poppy, Buttercup, Forget-me-not, Gooseberry, Herb Robert. Receive a free copy of my A5 ‘Thrive’ print when you purchase.
Grow – A4 print, inc. UK shipping
Grow A4 print – inc. European shipping
Grow – A4 print – inc. international shipping
THRIVE – A5 PRINT
Leaf and letter print featuring a favourite leaf stamp from my collection – the Poppy, with a twinkle of copper leaf.
Thrive A5 print – inc. UK shipping
Thrive A5 print – inc. European shipping
Thrive A5 print – inc. International shipping
The perfect gift for the green fingered gardener in your life – this 48 page, A6 sized, nature-inspired journal includes a mix of white & hand-printed pages, pocket inserts & decorative stitching, with a soft leather cover. As each one is made to order I am also giving you the option to have a leather tab with hand-stamped name or initials on the cover to make it really personal and something to treasure.
Each journal comes with a pack of bee friendly wildflower seeds from the lovely folk at Seeds of Hope Scotland and a rustic bark pencil. *Plus a free copy of my A5 ‘Thrive’ print.
Garden Journal – UK shipping
Garden Journal – inc. EU shipping
Garden Journal – inc. International shipping
Want to connect with more handmade businesses?
Some of the UK based independent businesses I’ve bought from recently include:
- Seeds of Hope Scotland – nature inspired gifts and seeds
- PearlyPea – colourful embroidered textiles & jewellery
- Design by Wingers – bright and colourful personalised jewellery
- Iselie Hand Crafted – bright and fun handmade toys and accessories.